Like most things we eat, drink or get joy from, nootropics have been written about from all kinds of interesting perspectives online. One of the most common themes of questioning we get about nootropics, and our product is: is it dangerous?
And you know what? You’re right to ask, and it’s always good to be skeptical. Especially when it comes to something you’re drinking. You want to make sure you have all the facts before you buy.
So, let’s get to the nitty gritty and see what’s really grinding on you*
*see what we did there? What’s dangerous is our coffee puns.
Nope! Nothing dodgy here. Quite the opposite. We developed our ‘Instant Genius’ coffee in line with the most up to date research on our nootropic ingredients: Acetyl-L-carnitine, Alpha GPC, L-Tyrosine, Lion’s Mane, L-Theanine and Vitamin B6.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine is naturally produced by the body and is often taken as a supplement.
- Alpha GPC is a natural compound found in the brain, and could potentially be used to treat Alzheimers.
- L-Tyrosine - an amino acid used by the body’s cells to synthesize proteins. Amino acids form the building blocks of protein and are essential for the body’s functions.
- Lion’s Mane – A mushroom with powers! (But not a naughty one) This mushroom is edible and medicinal, used in Asia for centuries due to it’s endless list of health benefits.
- L-Theanine – One of the main ingredients found in green tea, a drink notorious for being loaded with antioxidants.
- Vitamin B6 – A vital vitamin for a healthy diet, found in a variety of foods, from fish to meat to wholegrains
…and of course, we can’t forget our humble director, the Arabica coffee bean, without which, none of this would be possible.
In order to be classed as a nootropic, a supplement must be non-toxic. We’ve mentioned in other posts about the difference between a “smart drug”, a medical stimulant prescribed for the treatment of mental disorders, and a Nootropic, a non-toxic cognitive enhancer. Nootropics are safe to take, and are so beneficial to the human body that they’re currently under research for their potential to prevent cognitive decline in adults.
No! We’ve seen a lot of articles out there about people taking ‘risky chemicals’ or mixing up ‘chemical cocktails’ to keep them awake/make them look like He-Man/allow to them write 50,000 words in one night. But this isn’t breaking bad. Nootropics are natural enhancers, that will boost your concentration and energy, and clear that foggy brain feeling. They can be bought individually as supplements in many health food stores. They’re not a psychedelic class A drug you’re going to totally trip out on, man. Their purpose is to boost your healthy lifestyle, not destroy it.
We mean it when we say, there really isn’t one. We’re giving you the chance to switch up your regular morning coffee, to one with extra added genius. And though it is made with some life changing ingredients, it doesn’t include flecks of gold mined in Peru, or some rare salt from the lava of an ancient volcano. So it won’t cost you the earth either.